Lil Wayne Sued For Cancelled Show, Manager Responds

lil_wayne_with_phantom-7003

Red City Entertainment has sued New Orleans rapper Lil Wayne over a September 27, 2008 cancelled show in the Bahamas.                                                                                                                                                                               

According to TMZ, Red City had planned on paying Weezy $432,000 for the show, and had given him an advance of $210,000. However, Red City representatives allege Wayne was found in his hotel room “unconscious” at the time he was supposed to be performing.                                                                                                                                                      

The rappers’ manager Cortez Bryant has spoken out on the issue, arguing the cancelled show was a rescheduled performance from the day before.                                                                                                                                                               

Our show was set for September 26 last year. We arrived on time, ready to perform and learned that due to lack of payment from the promoters, the sound company they had hired packed up and left the venue before Wayne was scheduled to hit the stage. So they were forced to cancel the show. On those grounds, at that moment, they were in breach of contract and forfeited their deposit,” he said in a statement to AllHipHop.com.                                                  

Explaining that Wayne had agreed to reschedule for a performance the next day, Bryant said the promoters failed to follow proper procedures that satisfied their contract. “When I arrived at the venue, the security was horrible, causing it to be an unsafe environment and the sound system wasn’t up to our contracted standard.” Continuing, Bryant stated, “I then told the promoters Wayne wasn’t coming because they didn’t have their setup to a contracted standard for the second night in a row.”                                                                                                                                                                       

Red City Entertainment is seeking $432,000 in the lawsuit.

Advertisements

6 Responses to “Lil Wayne Sued For Cancelled Show, Manager Responds”

  1. you look nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. samdi timothy Says:

    men u rock,n i love u

  3. olaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

  4. lil wayne is the best rapper i have ever herd

  5. hey wats up my name is stephanie sanchez and if you want to call me is 786-970-4302

  6. u d best rapper

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: